Hidden Variable Studios is looking to hire a full-time Data Analyst with immediate availability. That's you!
A little bit about us — we’re a small, experienced team of independent developers in Los Angeles, CA (read the juicy details here). Our hit titles — Bag It!, Tic Tactics, Threes!, Skullgirls Mobile and Skullgirls 2nd Encore — have all launched to critical acclaim and app store features. In fact, they've been downloaded more than 25 million times.
It’s an exciting time to join Hidden Variable, as we’re on the cusp of major, exciting updates to both Skullgirls Mobile and Skullgirls 2nd Encore, and we're also exploring new, original content as well. Interested in building fun, varied, and innovative games from the ground up? You’ve come to the right place!
At Hidden Variable, we’re looking for wildly talented individuals eager to put their creativity, enthusiasm, and passion to work. It’s that passion that helps us turn the mundane into the incredible and the average into the extraordinary. Come help us continue to make that dream a reality.
This position is located on-site at our Los Angeles office. However, in light of the pandemic, all our team members are currently working remote. When it becomes safe to do so, we will return to the office. US citizenship or a valid visa is required to apply.
The ideal candidate will reflect each of these key qualities:
- Data Detective - You have experience as a Data Analyst for software applications and have made successful, data-driven decisions with your premier analytical and modeling abilities.
- Software Savvy - You are familiar with analytics tools such as Delta DNA or Google Analytics, and have advanced spreadsheet skills using Google Sheets or Excel.
- SQL Savant - You are a wiz when it comes to collecting, processing, and interpreting data. You are very proficient in writing and maintaining complex queries.
- Team Player - You thrive in a team environment and are comfortable working closely with engineers, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to get the job done.
- Self Starter - While you are a comfortable working with a team, you are also able to operate independently and develop an efficient workflow from the ground up.
- Completionist - You have knowledge in the technical aspects of gaming platforms, as well as in F2P mobile games and the industry’s nascent trends. You have shipped and supported at least one successful mobile app.
So, you know how to do a lot of stuff, but what do we expect from you?
- Expertly perform quantitative analysis and data interrogation to identify problems, understand our users, and help us make informed decisions, using SQL and our other analytics tools.
- Respond to questions from the team, providing relevant data and visualizations to help lead the team to success.
- Express your findings clearly and concisely through spoken words, text, charts/diagrams, and the occasional Slack GIF.
- Operate independently and forge your own trail when necessary, refining and building new processes as needed.
- Draw on prior industry experience and a knowledge of F2P games to inform your contributions to discussions and decisions.
There are a lot of great reasons to work at Hidden Variable! Some of the highlights include:
- Unlimited PTO Policy - When it comes to sick and vacation days, we don’t believe in tracking the hours our employees work or don’t work. If you need to take time off — be it for date night, a vacation, or even just a personal wellness day — we support you. We go out of our way to create a guilt-free office environment. Our goal is simply to create incredible products, which we believe is best achieved when you don’t have a manager looming over your shoulder, tracking the minutes you are in or out.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans - We offer a generous yearly stipend, and have several premium plans available from major health care providers. Already have medical coverage? Keep the stipend as an end of year bonus.
- Matching 401k - Send a portion of your salary towards retirement, and we’ll match a certain amount. Free money!
- Well Stocked Kitchen - Healthy snacks, not-as-healthy (but arguably tastier) snacks, and beverages are supplied to keep you going throughout the day (when we all eventually return to the office).
- Frequent Celebrations - We work hard, but we like to let off steam, too. You’ll find us playing board games, video games, trivia, and even the occasional field trip to an escape room or other attraction around the city, all courtesy of Hidden Variable.
We believe diverse backgrounds and life experiences enable us to collectively build better and more inclusive games. We encourage applications from candidates from any background who are eager to celebrate their unique perspective.
How To Apply?
Hopefully, by the time you’ve scrolled this far, you’ve realized that we value high quality products and people who are passionate about what they do for a living.
Ready to apply? Please send us an email with your resume, a cover letter, and if applicable, a portfolio. Make sure to write "Data Analyst" in the subject line and send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!