Hidden Variable Studios is looking to hire an engineer with immediate availability.
We’re a small, experienced group of indie developers who’ve released four titles - Bag It!, Tic Tactics, Threes!, and Skullgirls. All have launched to critical acclaim and app store features, and our games have been downloaded more than 20 million times worldwide. You can read more about our team here.
It’s an exciting time to join us, as we’re currently developing new and exciting projects across multiple platforms and genres. Do you like building fun, varied, and innovative games? You’ve come to the right place!
We’re not just looking for a warm body - we need a wildly talented individual who wants to use their creativity, enthusiasm, and passion to create exceptional user experiences. It’s that passion that helps us turn the mundane into the incredible and the average into the extraordinary. If that sounds like you, please read on!
- Swiss Army Programmer - You possess strong foundational skills that enable you
- Jedi Mind - You are a Unity ninja and are proficient in C# on desktop, iOS, and Android platforms.
- Multi-player - You love to collaborate and work on projects greater than the sum of their component parts.
- Evangelist - You have informed opinions about what’s fun/exciting in games because you play them all the time, especially the mobile ones.
- Crackerjack - Skills don’t grow on trees. They are developed. You know what you know, but more importantly, you know what you don’t.
- Conversationalist - You can have a conversation. You know, with other people.
So, you know how to do a lot of stuff, but what do we expect from you?
- Architect, document, implement, test, debug, and maintain code for iOS, Android, and other platforms.
- Write robust, maintainable code with consideration to economy, elegance, and modularity
- Support technical excellence in whatever you do
- Respond to critical feedback in a professional and workmanlike manner
- Prototype and iterate rapidly in conjunction with other members of the development team
- Provide input and insight to the development team in the implementation of new gameplay features.
How do you apply?
If you’re interested in this position, and you meet the requirements outlined above, please reach out!
Candidates must pass a written engineering test to qualify for the position. Reference checks will be conducted. You must be qualified to work in the United States.
Ready to apply to our team? Please send us an email with your resume or cv, portfolio (if applicable), and a cover letter to the position you are applying for at email@example.com.
We’ll read every submission we get, and we will get back to you. We can’t wait to hear from you!