Product Manager / Analyst
This Position Is No Longer Open
Hidden Variable Studios is looking to hire a full-time Product Manager with immediate availability. That's you!
A little bit about us — we’re a small, experienced team of independent developers in Los Angeles, CA (read the juicy details here). Our hit titles - Bag It!, Tic Tactics, Threes!, and Skullgirls - have all launched to critical acclaim and app store features. In fact, they've been downloaded more than 25 million times to date.
It’s an exciting time to join Hidden Variable, as we’re about to kick off development on a couple new projects. Interested in building fun, varied, innovative games from the ground up? You’ve come to the right place!
At Hidden Variable, we’re looking for wildly talented individuals eager to put their creativity, enthusiasm, and passion to work. It’s that passion that help us turn the mundane into the incredible, and the average into the extraordinary. Come help us continue to make that dream a reality.
This position is located on site at our Los Angeles office. US citizenship or a valid visa is required to apply.
The Ideal Candidate
- Deep Wisdom - Innate knowledge of the F2P mobile games industry and its nascent trends.
- Data Driven - An expert in quantitative analysis and data interrogation. A keen eye to monitor metrics for both opportunities and issues.
- Communicator - Ability to express your findings clearly and concisely, formulating compelling arguments for product roadmaps and strategy. Able to effectively get your point across to the dev team through spoken words, text, and the occasional Slack GIF.
- Infographically Inclined - A talent for sifting through complicated heaps of data and producing gorgeous, grokkable visualizations.
- Mad Scientist - An insatiable desire to launch new features and offers, test their performance, and rapidly iterate to achieve optimized results.
- Self Starter - Eager to operate independently and forge your own trail when necessary.
- Industrial Experience - Worked on at least one successful, shipped software product.
- Real world experience as a Product Manager for software applications.
- Experience working alongside a live ops team, crafting experiments and tuning knobs in the interest of maximizing KPIs for a 'game as a service' type application.
- Proficiency with analytics software such as Delta DNA, GameAnalytics, or other data query languages and tools.
- Premier analytical and modeling abilities with experience making successful data driven decisions.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and working knowledge of technical aspects of mobile gaming platforms.
- A unyielding fascination with video games.
There are a lot of great reasons to work at HVS! Some of the highlights include:
- Unlimited PTO Policy - When it comes to sick and vacation days, we don’t believe in tracking the hours our employees work or don’t work. If you need to take time off - be it for date night, a vacation, or even just a personal wellness day, we support you! We go out of our way to create a guilt-free office environment. Our goal is simply to create incredible products, which we believe is best achieved when you don’t have a manager looming over your shoulder, tracking the minutes you are in or out.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans - We offer a generous yearly stipend, and have several premium plans available, from major health care providers. Already have medical coverage? Keep the stipend as an end of year bonus.
- Matching 401k - Send a portion of your salary towards retirement, and we’ll match a certain amount. Free money!
- Well Stocked Kitchen - Healthy snacks, not-as-healthy (but arguably tastier) snacks, and beverages are supplied to keep you going throughout the day.
- Frequent Celebrations - We work hard, but we like to let off steam, too. You’ll find us playing board games, video games, trivia, and even the occasional field trip to an escape room or other attraction around the city, all courtesy of HVS.
How Do You Apply?
If you’re interested in this position, and you meet the requirements outlined above, please reach out!
The interview process for this position will include a written engineering test. Reference checks will be conducted. You must be qualified to work in the United States.
Ready to apply? Please send us an email with your resume, portfolio (if applicable), and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
We read every submission received and try to reply in a timely manner. So get to it! We can’t wait to hear from you.