Hidden Variable Studios is looking to hire a full-time Product Manager with immediate availability. That's you!
A little bit about us: we’re a small, experienced studio of independent developers with four titles under our belt - Bag It!, Tic Tactics, Threes!, and Skullgirls Mobile. All have launched to critical acclaim, app store features, and more than 25 million downloads worldwide. You can read more about our tight-knit team here.
It’s an exciting time to join Hidden Variable, as we’re currently developing new and exciting projects across multiple platforms. Are you interested in building fun and innovative games with a focus on playful, social connectivity? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
We’re not just looking for a warm body - we need a wildly talented individual with creativity, enthusiasm, and passion to create exceptional experiences for our players.
The Ideal Candidate
- Deep Wisdom - Innate knowledge of the F2P mobile games industry and its nascent trends.
- Data Driven - An expert in quantitative analysis and data interrogation. A keen eye to monitor metrics for both opportunities and issues.
- Communicator - Ability to express your findings clearly and concisely, formulating compelling arguments for product roadmaps and strategy. Able to effectively get your point across to the dev team through spoken words, text, and the occasional Slack GIF.
- Infographically Inclined - A talent for sifting through complicated heaps of data and producing gorgeous, grokkable visualizations.
- Mad Scientist - An insatiable desire to launch new features and offers, test their performance, and rapidly iterate to achieve optimized results.
- Self Starter - Eager to operate independently and forge your own trail when necessary.
- Industrial Experience - Worked on at least one successful, shipped software product.
- Real world experience as a Product Manager for software applications.
- Experience working alongside a live ops team, crafting experiments and tuning knobs in the interest of maximizing KPIs for a 'game as a service' type application.
- Proficiency with analytics software such as Delta DNA, GameAnalytics, or other data query languages and tools.
- Premier analytical and modeling abilities with experience making successful data driven decisions.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and working knowledge of technical aspects of mobile gaming platforms.
- A unyielding fascination with video games.
How do you apply?
If you’re interested in this position, and you meet the requirements outlined above, please reach out!
The interview process for this position will include a written engineering test. Reference checks will be conducted. You must be qualified to work in the United States.
Ready to apply? Please send us an email with your resume, portfolio (if applicable), and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We read every submission received and try to reply in a timely manner. So get to it! We can’t wait to hear from you.